Wednesday, December 9, 2009
But I'm super excited to see Patrick and Jérémie's faces when they wake up christmas morning and see that Père Noël came by :)
Père Noël came to our house for a visit last week! The boys were sooo excited! Patrick was screaming with excitement when I told them that he was coming over to talk to them. My dad knew the guy and was with him at another function that evening. I was actually supposed to go with the kids but Phil had to work and it was going to be past their bed time. My dad called and said Père Noël suggested he come over to our house!
When he came in the kids were in "AW"! They shook his hand sat on his lap as soon as he sat down. Once they told him what they wanted for christmas: Hockey skates, hockey jersey, hockey sticks (like we don't have enough already!!), hockey helmet, etc.. Santa actually played hockey in our living room with them! They still talk about that!
The only thing that was hard, was trying to explain to Patrick why Sant wasn't coming RIGHT back. He stood at the window for a while and kept telling me: " Don't worry mama, he'll be right back with my skates!" Poor thing.
Now. Since they saw Santa leave with pépére's car, they think pépére is friends with Santa... which is perrrrfect! Yesterday they weren't behaving so I said they weren't being nice. As soon as the words "not nice" came out of my mouth they said they'll be nice and not to tell pépére because Santa would know. hehehehe *evil laugh*
Although my camera hasn't been working to great lately, I did get a chance to take a few pictures. Thank god or I would of been pretty sad! Especially since this Santa looked so real! I almost sat on his lap... you know.... just in case ;-)
Ever since we've owned this "evil potty" I swear it's been after me! It always ends up where it's not supposed to. (It does get a little help from evil genius one and two)
These evil geniuses have also decided lately that they are too busy to go back and play once they have just peed so they forget to tell us the evil potty is full of pee.
The other day I was getting the kids dinner ready and the phone rang. There IS a phone in my kitchen but I, of course, decided I wanted the cordless phone which was in our bedroom so I start running and turn the corner to the hallway. Somehow the evil potty found itself right in the middle of my path in the hallway! I try to stop and avoid it but with my super mommy speed and knit socks on the hardwood floors, I found myself sliding right to IT so I decide to jump. Super mommy landed passed the evil potty but I stepped on a pair of pants (evidence evil genius #2 had just been there). I slipped back, tripped on the evil potty and fell right into IT! And yes... it was full of pee! YAK! I get up, slip on the pee and fall right back into it.
I hate potties...
**update** We have now bought a seat to put over our bathroom toilet so they have now been mandated to head to the bathroom for they pee breaks.
PS. I have other evil potty stories... I'll try to find time during the holidays to write them down
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I couldn't be happier!
After being engaged for so long I was happy to finally "get it over with" but in the good way!
Everything went perfectly. Ok, not perfectly... there were minor things but nothing that I could say ruined our day. We don't get stressed out for much.
1. I injured my left knee some how a few days before the wedding and ended up going to the hospital because I had swelling and water in the knee. They gave me pretty strong stuff which helped but I only stopped limping the day before the wedding. It did still hurt the day of the wedding but in this weird way, I kind of blocked out the pain. Although the next day was a little painful, I was fortunate enough to have parents who took care of the whole next day brunch thing at their house. I didn't lift a finger except to open presents!
2. We had decided to see each other before the ceremony to take pictures. Once we got to the location, everyone gathered around this really nice pond where Patrick, Jeremie, my nieces and nephew started feeding the fishes. One of my friends was holding my bouquet and she gave it to Patrick so he could bring it to me. He was on his way when all of sudden he halts, turns around and proceeded to throw my bouquet in the pond! All I could think to say was that I didn't need a bouquet :) I guess I really WAS in a good mood. Someone fished it out with a pole and my friend dried it with her hair drier and it worked out just fine. Personnally I think it's just a nice little story to tell about our day.
3. We forgot to do the whole garter and bouquet thing! I was so into the dancing :) Late in the evening the DJ came to see me and mentionned it to me but it was so late that by then a lot of people had left. But I'm really not a traditionnal person so I didn't really care. I didn't feel like stopping everything just for that!
4. (The rest didn't really bother me but this next one did) The cake. Worst cake ever. We didn't cut it, we didn't serve it and I'm totally happy the photographer didn't take a picture of it. We paid a professional to make a good classy cake for us and I even gave her a picture of what I wanted and it looked nothing like it! It was patched in some places, the tiers weren't even, and it was small. There is no way it could of fed all of our guests. Worst cake ever... it was almost embarassing. But we hid it in a corner and didn't mention it to anyone. Boooooo to our cake lady.
On the up side, everything else was perfect!! Our photographer was super duper nice and great, the boys were angels, it was great to see family and friends that came down from far away (even from Germany!) plus Phil and I looked great if I do say so myself!! haha
THANKS to everyone that celebrated our wonderful day with us till the wee-hours of the morning!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
When we were living in Ontario we had appointments for recasting every 2 weeks, then after a while, every month. After a few months his feet were doing so much better so they decided to put the little boots on him. (I can't find a picture of him with his boots right now, I'll post it when I do find one)
When they were a year old we moved back to New-Brunswick, where there are no orthopeadics specialists... I figured there was but there isn't. So the closest hospital that does have one is IWK in Halifax Nova Scotia, which is about 6 hours from here. I hate it.
Our first appointment with them was when Patrick was about 18 months old. It took 6 months to get that appointment and when we got there they did nothing! He looked at him quick and said to wait a little since he had just been walking for about one month. The REASON he started walking so late was probably BECAUSE of his feet. I'm not stupid. It wasn't my first appointment with an orthopaedic.
Well it's now almost a year later and still no second appointment. They keep pushing it back. They either don't return my calls, put me on hold for at less 30 minutes at a time, or just tell me I have to wait my turn and I'll have an appointment eventually. ARGhhhhhhh!! I called on friday and the women said my appointment should be the last week of june. I tolled her it was still so far away; then all of a sudden she starts speaking to someone behind her and comes back to tell me she actually can't guarantee that appointment. WTH?
The reason I've been calling is that his feet aren't getting better. I feel so bad for Patrick. He can walk and run but he wobbles. I wish they would just do something. They talked about casting and/or operating. Well he's getting older and I would rather they do any of those things right now then wait till he's older where it might bother him more.
My poor darling actually trips on his own feet when running sometimes.
I know it's normal for children to fall... but having two kids the same age makes me compare. People say we shouldn't compare twins but for things like this, I really think it's helpful. Jérémie falls once in a while too but it's just not the same.
Sometimes I wish I was still in Ontario and think that maybe if we were still there... his feet would be so much better by now.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
He's not hercules. He just found the ONE little tiny hole there was in the mattress and pulled. Of course... what else would someone do when they found a hole?
I could hear him in his crib playing BUT the sounds were different this time. I went down stairs to find his mattress next to him in an accordion style and with white cotton all over the room! Let's just say I took a deep breath and went back up stairs for a minute and just left him there before I picked everything up. (He'd been bratty all morning so my patience was already thin)
This was in march.
- Buy the beds right now;
- buy a new crib mattress;
- or try to salvage that one.
Well Phil decided he wanted to salvage the cotton-puff-thing-so-called-mattress. It worked but we ended up buying the beds last month anyways.
PS. We haven't decorated their rooms yet. I know they look pretty blah but we'll get there. There are still more renovations we want to do around the house but that's another post.
Jérémie not sleeping
Wish me luck!!!